Introduction and Objectives
The QCD Evolution workshop series started in 2011 with a two-day meeting held at Jefferson Lab that addressed the theoretical underpinnings of generalized parton distributions (GPDs) and transverse momentum distributions (TMDs), with a particular focus on the QCD evolution of the non-collinear TMDs. Since this initial meeting QCD Evolution has grown to be a leading hadron physics meeting with a focus on hadron tomography.
A main objective of QCD Evolution is to provide a forum to discuss the recent scientific accomplishments in areas such as Transverse Momentum Distributions (TMDs), Generalized Parton Distributions (GPDs), and small-x physics, together wth advances in perturbative and non-perturbative techniques within Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD). In doing so this workshop also aims to support and guide the physics programs at facilities such as Jefferson Lab, the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Lab, Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, and the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) complex at CERN. The workshop is also central to the planning for the next-generation nuclear physics facility in the US, the Electron Ion Collider (EIC).Previous QCD Evolution Workshops
Important Workshop Details
- Please complete the workshop registration AND the form needed for a gate pass/site access [see REGISTRATION & SITE ACCESS page].
- Workshop reception will be Monday evening [location: 2nd floor lobby, Bldg 241].
- Workshop dinner will be Wednesday evening [location: Topaz].
- An excursion to downtown Chicago is planned for Thursday afternoon.
- We plan to end the workshop before 1pm on Friday.
Instructions for using wireless internet at Argonne:
- Connect to the argonne-guest network and in browser navigate to http://netreg.anl.gov.
- Supply e-mail address, location (TCS Conference Center), and phone number.
For the Argonne contact person use:
- Ian Cloet
- building/room : 203/B-241
- phone : 2-4093
- Wait 90-120s, a reboot and clearing the browser cache may be required.
- General instructions can be found here.
Local Organizing Committee
- Whitney Armstrong
- Kyle Bednar
- Debbie Beres (Workshop Coordinator)
- Ian Cloët (Chair)
- Adam Freese
- Sylvester Joosten
- Zein-Eddine Meziani
- Chao Shi
- Andrea Signori
- Zhihong Ye
- Ian Balitsky
- Martha Constantinou
- Leonard Gamberg
- Simonetta Liuti
- Alexey Prokudin
- Anatoly Radyushkin
- Nobuo Sato