XXV Midwest Theory Get-Together, 7 & 8 September 2012.This XXVth meeting in the series is being organised by Charlotte Elster , email@example.com, Daniel Phillips, firstname.lastname@example.org, and colleagues at the Ohio University.
- As usual, the meeting will start at 1:00 PM on the Friday, with presentations in Building 203, in the Auditorium at Argonne National Laboratory.
PresentationsThe talks are limited to 12 minutes and may address recent publications, work in progress, or rough ideas.
This year there will be two possible modes in which you may deliver your
- Talks can be printed onto overhead transparencies. One should typically
not have more than five transparencies.
- Laptop-based talks are also permitted, with the following restrictions:
- No more than eight slides;
- File must be a .pdf;
- The file must be emailed to Daniel Phillips (email@example.com) and MUST REACH HIM NO LATER THAN 5 PM ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6. Files arriving later will not be accepted. By following this procedure we can load all laptop-based presentations onto one computer, and facilitate smooth transitions between the talks.
- No more than eight slides;
AccessIn order for us to arrange your access to the Argonne site, all non-U.S. citizens as well as Green Card holders are required to provide the information listed on the Non-U.S. Citizen Visiting Argonne Form. Please fill out either the MS-Word or pdf version and return it to Debbie Morrison via fax at +1-630-252-3903 by Friday, 17 August. To keep your personal information secure, please do not e-mail this form to her.
DirectionsThe meeting will be held in Building 203, Physics Division. Here is a map of the site: map. Parking is available in the lot directly across the street from the front of Building 203. The meeting will be held in the Physics Auditorium, which is on the first floor just off the main corridor on your left-hand side.
PLEASE NOTE TEMPORARY MAIN GATE CLOSURE:
The Main Guard Gate, location of the permanent Visitors Information Center, is temporarily closed for construction and is scheduled to reopen, if completed, on Sat., September 8 (see map here). Visitors on Friday are instructed to continue south on Cass Avenue to our East Gate where a temporary trailer has been set up for visitors to receive their passes. The guard at the East Gate will instruct you.
The coordinates of the Argonne East Gate are 41.710342, -87.960455. For an alternative map, just cut-and-paste these coordinates into the "Google Maps" search field.
Directions to the Laboratory:
Map and directions: Official Welcome Site
The Laboratory is located just south of I-55, east of I-355 and west of I-294. Exit from I-55 at Cass Avenue South (Exit no. 273A). Turn right just past the Frontage Road (on Northgate Road). Proceed to the Visitors Information Center or Main Guard Gate (depending if you arrive before or after 5:00 pm Friday).
Directions to the Laboratory from the La Quinta Inn:
Take the Frontage Road back to Rt. 83-Kingery Highway and turn left (heading south). Take I-55 South-St. Louis. Exit I-55 at Cass Avenue-South (Exit no. 273A). Turn right just past the Frontage Road (on Northgate Road).