Data Acquisition with AYEball
This is a guide specifically tailored to data acquisition with AYEball. Not all details are covered. Consult the complete guide to data acquisition at ATLAS.
The directory and filenames being used for the current run should be:
To start the monitoring subprocess which displays and zaps certain spectra automatically:
- username: fma
- password: ********3
- directory: u19:[fma.ayeball]
- slave program: aye9.c
- scaler display file: aye9.sca
- daphne userfunction: aye9.for
- daphne setup: aye9.startup (NOT .setup)
- latest sav/command: aye_latest.setup
- daphne .con file: aye9.con
To kill the monitoring subprocess:
- ddv/sec/type=4107 lta5004: (if not already defined)
- spawn/nowait/input=nl: @check
Pause data acquisition for fills, resetting area interlock, running crane overhead:
- stop proc name (probably called FMA_1)
To mark peaks on a spectrum and make a nicely labelled hardcopy on the laser printer:
- PAUSE in front end window. See scaler rates go to zero.
- When ready to collect again, RESUME.
- No filemarks have been written. It just set the busy to inhibit events.
To disable the annoying blinking tape counter in the ROUTER window:
- Display the spectrum of interest.
- MPK/USER="CUR HC"
- Hit the SPACEBAR to mark additional peaks if some small ones were missed. Hit X to exit.
- Repeat if necessary for additional parts of the spectrum. MPK does 500 chan at a time.
- APOST name.PS where name is the spectrum name.
To restart Daphne in the event it crashes or hangs up:
- CONNECT/ONE_SHOT TAPE_IN T_TOGGLE in the Router window.
- DEL *.SEC;* to clean up the disk.
- DDV/TYPE=4115 LTA5005:
- DDV/SEC/TYPE=4107 LTA5004:
- SPAWN/NOWAIT/INPUT=NL: @CHECK
- PDV ATLAS_POST
Last Updated: November 28, 1995 (D.J. Blumenthal, email@example.com)