The Dark Energy Survey is a joint DOE/NSF project to study the nature of dark energy, dark matter, and the expansion of the universe. Only 5% of the universe is observed to be composed of the normal atoms and molecules we understand. The other 95% is believed to be 72% dark energy and 23% dark matter, but the sources of these components are complete mysteries. Understanding these components is expected to be of fundamental importance to both astrophysics and high energy physics.
ANL Physics Division Colloquium Schedule