The Heavy Ion Nuclear Fusion calculator
for the Palm Pilot
The heavy Ion fusion calculator, fusion.prc, is a tool for Nuclear
physicists who are using heavy ion beams impinging on stationary
targets to produce short-lived excited nuclei using the fusion process.
The inputs to the program are
The outputs of the program are
- the Z, A and energy of the heavy ion beam
- the Z and A of the target
- the number neutrons, protons and alpha particles
that evaporate from the compound nucleus.
- The energy available in the CMS system
- The Q value of the reaction
- The recoil energy of the residue
- The velocity of the residue (in % v/c)
- The Coulomb energy (both CMS and LAB)
- An estimate of the maximum angular momentum of the compound nucleus
- An estimate of the excitation energy of the residue
- If you do not specify the beam energy, the program will select the
- If you do not specify the mass of the beam/target, the program will
select the most abundant (or longest lived) isotope.
- If you specify nothing and just push "calc", a demo reaction is loaded